Causes of Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks present a big danger to smaller vehicles and their passengers. The cause of truck accidents includes driver error, cargo shift due to improper loading, and mechanical issues. The Following are a few causes for truck accidents:
- Unrealistic schedules: Dispatchers can have unrealistic delivery expectations, forcing drivers to make up time by speeding.
- Inexperienced drivers.
- Manufacturing defects or vehicle malfunction
- Inadequate maintenance
- Distracted drivers
- Overworked and tired drivers.
- Poorly loaded cargo that shifts during transport.
To avoid accidents, passenger cars need to avoid the following:
- Darting in front of a truck and hitting the brakes.
- Letting a truck tailgate your vehicle.
- Passing a truck on the right, especially when it is making a turn.
- Distracted drivers.
- Following a truck too closely. If you cannot see the side mirrors, a truck cannot see you.