What to expect during you intake appointment when selecting a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach
When you consult with a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach that you feel will best represent you and your injury claim, you will be asked to come in for what is known as an intake appointment. During an intake appointment, a representative from the firm will take all your information pertaining to the incident and prepare you for the claim process. Depending on the nature of the personal injury incident and the claim, the information and/or documents needed by a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach will vary. Prior to the scheduling of the meeting, you will be informed as to what is needed for your intake appointment. Any and all pieces of information about your incident that you can bring may be beneficial for your claim, especially if it goes to trial. The information needed goes well beyond basic personal information such as your name, address, age, marital status, and occupation. Typically, you will be asked to bring the following information to your intake appointment:
- Date, time, and location of the incident.
- Insurance information for yourself and other people involved in the incident (if applicable).
- Reports of any authorities on the scene (if applicable).
- Conditions of where the incident occurred.
- Photographs are very helpful when discussing the conditions of where an incident occurred.
- What happened before, during, and after the incident.
- Documentation of any injuries sustained because of the incident.
- Witness information and statements.
- Medical records and medical bills (if there was an emergency room visit or other doctor visits because of the incident).
The above information will likely be reviewed during your intake appointment. Ultimately, the personal injury lawyer Delray Beach representing you will need you to sign various documents so that they may represent you and proceed with the claims process. Some of the more common forms that a client signs include but are not limited to: Contingency fee contract, HIPPA release form, social media disclaimer, application for PIP benefits, mileage reimbursement form, and a proof of representation form. These forms are not to intrude and probe into your personal life, but they are necessary to proceed with the claims process.
If you need legal representation because of an incident that caused a personal injury, call the personal injury lawyer Delray Beach of Greenberg & Strelitz, P.A. for your free initial consultation for all injury matters.