Mistakes that can be avoided with the assistance of a personal injury attorney Boca Raton
Personal injury cases can be complex and lengthy, which makes it is easy to fall into certain insurance company and legal loopholes if you do not know the proper procedures and protocols. If an injury occurs due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness, people do not know what steps to take – or what steps to avoid taking.
If you have sustained personal injuries in a car accident or other accident because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to monetary compensation under the law. A personal injury attorney Boca Raton can help you avoid making serious mistakes that could be detrimental to your case.
A personal injury attorney Boca Raton may also be able to negotiate a settlement for your case with the insurance company without having to go through the trial process. If the insurance company declines to offer a settlement, the expertise of an attorney can be beneficial. Common mistakes individuals make when they are involved in a personal injury accident can include:
- Not reporting the accident-It is essential to create a police report or incident report to documents that the personal injury accident you were involved in occurred. This will help document the events, and witnesses. Additionally, it will prevent an insurance company or negligent party from later questioning whether the incident actually occurred.
- Not getting immediate medical treatment – Even if you experience minimal pain following an accident, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. A failure to obtain medical care can make it difficult to prove that you have been injured in the accident.
- Not following doctor’s orders – Listening to your medical providers is critical. If you are instructed to refrain from certain activities or not to work, and you are found doing so, there will be a serious question as to the extent of your injuries and damages.
- Negotiating with an insurance company – An insurance company, when making a settlement offer, will typically make a low initial offer to individuals that are not represented by an attorney. A personal injury attorney Boca Raton has the experience needed to navigate the negotiation process, prevent the insurance company from taking advantage of you in a time of need, and allow you to maximize your recovery.
- Not seeking out professional legal counsel – Although you may not have sustained life altering injuries requiring your case to go to trial, having proper representation from a personal injury attorney Boca Raton can help ensure that your rights are being protected throughout the entire legal process no matter the extent of your injuries and damages.
To avoid making any mistakes after a personal injury accident, call the personal injury attorney Boca Raton of Greenberg & Strelitz, P.A. for your free initial consultation regarding your injury matter.