Steps to take if you need a personal injury attorney Boca Raton after a vehicle crash
Vehicle crashes come in all shapes and sizes. The commonality between them is that they are inconvenient and unplanned for. If you find yourself in a vehicle crash and need a personal injury attorney Boca Raton, take a deep breath…and remember some steps you should take during this stressful time:
- Move to a safe area (if you can). It is important that you move your vehicle to the side of the road to ensure your safety and the safety of other drivers. If moving your vehicle is not possible, be sure to get yourself to a safe location until assistance arrives.
- Check on everyone involved. Be sure that you, passengers (if any), and the other party involved in the crash do not need immediate medical attention. If this is the case, call 911.
- Call the local police. Even if it is a minor crash, it is important to get an official police report of the crash that will benefit you during the insurance claims process as well as any legal support you may seek.
- Exchange information. Before leaving the scene, be certain to get essential information about the other driver such as their license plate number and insurance information.
- Contact your insurance agency. Once you contact your insurance company and report your crash, then they can begin the claims process.
- Seek medical attention (if necessary). Even if you do not feel a great deal of pain, it is recommended to go to your doctor who will run tests to ensure that no internal harm has occurred because of the crash. Additionally, keep all of your medical records and bills.
- Contact a personal injury attorney Boca Raton. Contacting an experienced personal injury attorney Boca Raton can assist you in assessing your crash claim and advise you on the best course of action to take regarding your crash.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a vehicle crash and feel that you may entitled to compensation, you don’t have to go through it alone. The personal injury attorney Boca Raton firm of Greenberg & Strelitz, P.A. are here to help. Call today for a free consultation at 561-361-9400.